1/19/17

Storybook Favorites

From the list provided, my favorite storybooks include (in no particular order) Christine Elliott's Fifth Dimension, The Kalevala, as Interpreted by Dr. Seuss, and Project Humanity

I was immediately drawn to Fifth Dimension because I know Christine and her work, and I find her to be extremely talented. The idea for her storybook is very creative. I love the Twilight Zone theme and the script format. The script format appeals to my filmmaker side, and I like that each reader creates the scenes with his or her imagination. Each story takes place in its own universe while remaining true to the overarching theme of eerie darkness. I would recommend this storybook to anyone!

The Kalevala, as Interpreted by Dr. Suess picqued my interest because the title made me think that I could learn something with which I am unfamiliar in a very easy rhyming way. The author did not disappoint. I was extremely impressed with the author's dedication to maintain the same rhyme scheme throughout the entire storybook. I imagine it was a long and arduous task. I was not familiar with the Kalevala, but I believe the author did a good job conveying the important plot points. Also, the author promptly addressed any potential confusion in the Author's Notes. It is definitely worth a read!

Human Research Program Logo, from Project Humanity, found on Wikipedia.


Project Humanity caught my eye because the title made me imagine some sort of dystopian story, and I love a good dystopian story. Luckily, I was greeted by an incredible story set in a dystopian future. The layout of the site was perfect! I felt like I was using the same computer as the main character, and the home page felt like a real life log in terminal, logo and all. The content was captivating as well. I found myself helplessly reading on past the introduction, with no control to stop. This was an excellent story told in an engaging way. I highly recommend!


Resources: Fifth Dimension, found here.
The Kalevala, as Interpreted by Dr. Seuss, found here.
Project Humanity, found here

No comments:

Post a Comment